Top 10 Skin Care Tips
Sun damage is cumulative so do not go outside without applying sun block or a lotion that offers sun protection.
- Vitamin C is not only good for your immune system, it is also good for your skin. If you would like to keep your skin young, taking vitamin C everyday is a good idea. This vitamin also helps in increasing collagen production in the body. Collagen is an important component in keeping the skin young and wrinkle-free.
- Eating dark chocolate is a good thing since dark chocolate is an antioxidant and is a natural anti-aging product.
- Get enough protein. Incorporating protein into your diet will improve the production of collagen. Protein also provides energy to the body and is the main building block of muscles making it an important component to your diet.
- Hydrate. Drink lots of water on a daily basis. This is a great way to detoxify plus water keeps certain bodily functions running smoothly which means you will become healthier than before. You being healthy will add a glow to your skin –now that’s one good reason to ditch the soda and drink more water!
- Mist before you moisturize. Skin care experts keep telling us to moisturize but why is it that when we moisturize we still have to put some more after a while? Whenever you moisturize, you should have a bit of water on your skin to lock in the moisture. You can also get a mister for your face. There are mists that contain vitamin E and emollients. These ingredients are great for the skin.
- Condition your skin. Jasmine extract is one of the best skin conditioners around and since this soothing oil is rich in antioxidants, it is a good choice for those who lack antioxidants in their body. If you have an unhealthy lifestyle, chances are, you lack antioxidants.
- Exfoliating longer. If you want to exfoliate your skin more effectively, do not do it harder, just exfoliate longer than you usually do for you to rid your skin of dead skin cells.
- Don’t drink to much. Dermatologists say that drinking too much liquor increases oil production and will also cause your pores to enlarge.
- Use hot compress on your pimples. Doing this several times before applying 1% hydrocortisone cream to deflate the bump.