Most Common Causes Of Dry Skin
Studies show that the most common causes of dryness on the skin includes the elements but in some cases can also be caused by certain health problems. Below are the most common reasons why your skin is dry:
- Sun Exposure – The harmful rays of the sun can make the skin dry and even cause severe skin damage. Apart from your skin looking shriveled and feeling dry, too much sun exposure can also cause skin cancer.
- Psoriasis – A common skin condition that causes dryness of the skin, psoriasis causes buildup of thick, dead skin cells because the immune system thinks the skin is some kind of pathogen.
- The Climate – The skin is drier when its cold but it doesn’t mean that those who live in the tropics or in the desert are not susceptible to having dry skin. If the humidity level is low, the skin is drier so if you live in a place with low humidity, it is best to moisturize.
- Bathing In Hot Water – Hot water can make the skin dry and if you do this too often, you will suffer from chronic dry skin. Bathing in chlorinated water can also dry the skin according to skin experts.
- Harsh Chemicals On Your Soap – Most soaps get rid of lipids and causes dryness. Some deodorants also have chemicals that strip the skin off of its natural moisture.
- Eczema – Also known as atopic dermatitis, this ailment leads to dryness and excessive sensitivity. If you think you have eczema, you should go to a dermatologist immediately.
How do you treat dry skin? This depends on what is causing it but if you are dealing with common dryness, all you need to do is to moisturize. There are a number of very effective moisturizers in the market and this includes products from very well known skin care brands.